Thursday, March 31, 2011

Libraries

"A public library is the most enduring of memorials, the trustiest monument for the preservation of an event or a name or an affection; for it, and it only, is respected by wars and revolutions, and survives them" - Mark Twain

I absolutely love libraries. By all means, I could live in one. The only thing I would need with me there besides all of the books, is Joseph. I hate how people are insistent upon the new electronic book, "the kindle". It completely takes away the feel of holding a book in your hands and hearing the pages turn, the smell of a new book, or the comforting musty smell of an old book. When you're reading a big book, you feel a sense of accomplishment when you turn to the final page and finish reading it. Then you take one final look at the book you just read and think to yourself "wow that was an incredible book". I just don't understand this new "necessity" people are finding themselves compelled to buy. Its merelly a fad, books should not be replaced by yet even MORE electronics. Doctors have been saying for years that people of our day will get eye cancer during middle-age due to all of our electronic usage.

Ok so I used a bit of a different layout this time for my blog. (Quote, words and pictures or a video) Comment and let me know if you like this new layout! I love hearing what you guys have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment